Quality Meat Scotland (QMS) Assurance Scheme - Cattle and Sheep
Membership details for the QMS Cattle and Sheep Farm Assurance Scheme.
Quality Meat Scotland was set up in 1990 to provide the industry and consumers with total assurance that animals, produced for the food chain, are reared to a stringent set of standards covering all aspects of animal welfare, food safety and general good practice.
Benefits of being assured for QMS Cattle & Sheep can include:
- Opportunity to sell your cattle and sheep to a wider market
- Encourages better farming practices and higher animal welfare standards
- Gives processors and consumers greater confidence in product quality
- Where possible Acoura will try to combine audits saving you time, hassle and money
- Access to year-round technical guidance from Acoura Certification's agriculture team
To ensure assured cattle and sheep meet the required standards assessments are thorough and focus on a number of different areas, each of which is concerned with the animal’s overall welfare.
As a result of this, farm assured Scotch beef and lamb is enjoyed and appreciated not just in the UK, but across the world.
Contact Acoura Certifiction for more details about joining the scheme.
First Aid Training
Acoura are able to offer two industry recognised training courses aimed at improving the first aid skills of your staff in the workplace.
Red Tractor Assurance for Farms - Combinable Crops and Sugar Beet
Membership details for the Red Tractor Combinable Crops and Sugar Beet Farm Assurance Scheme.