Red Tractor Assurance for Farms - Beef and Lamb
Membership details for Red Tractor Beef and Lamb farm assurance scheme.
The Red Tractor Farm Assurance Beef and Lamb scheme sets out to maintain, develop and promote integrated assurance standards for the benefit of its members within the red meat industry.
Red Tractor Assurance exists to maintain, develop and promote standards throughout the whole food industry and membership can have multiple benefits.
Benefits of being assured to this standard can include:
- Opportunity to sell cattle and sheep to wider market
- Encourages better farming practices and higher animal welfare standards
- Gives processors and consumers greater confidence in product quality
- Red Tractor media and marketing campaigns raise the profile of assured meat
- Year-round technical guidance from Acoura Certification staff
- Where possible Acoura will try to combine audits saving you time, hassle and money
The aim is to provide both consumers and retailers with confidence about product quality attributes including food safety, animal welfare and environmental protection.
The assessment covers areas such as animal health, veterinary medicines used, waste management, housing space allowance and vermin control.
Members must demonstrate strict adherence to the scheme standards which are monitored independently by Acoura at least every 18 months.
Contact Acoura Certification for more details about joining the scheme.