Membership Details for the RSPCA Assured Scheme (formerly Freedom Food)
Launched in 1994 by the RSPCA, RSPCA Assured is a UK farm assurance and food labelling scheme dedicated to raising animal welfare levels.
Operating independently from the food industry, the scheme is a charity in its own right and only approves well-managed farms that meet all of the RSPCA’s strict welfare standards.
Freedom Food membership includes a number of benefits for customers.
Benefits can include:
- Improves animal welfare standards
- Increases your ability to tap into a growing area of consumer interest
- Differentiates your farm from competitors
- Can be combined with your other Acoura assessments
- Access to year-round technical guidance from the Acoura Certification agriculture team
RSPCA Assured is an assurance scheme that covers the whole life of an animal from birth to slaughter, including rearing, handling and transport. Traceability checks are carried out on labelled food from the shop back to the farm to ensure the standards have been met in all instances.
Acoura Certification currently assess a significant number of poultry and pig businesses to RSPCA Assured standards. As well as this, the administration work for the scheme in Scotland is also being carried out from our head office.
Contact Acoura Certification for more details about joining the scheme.