Quality Trout UK
Membership details for the Quality Trout UK aquaculture assurance scheme
The Quality Trout UK scheme covers all the activities associated with the farming, hatching and further processing of rainbow trout and provides customers with assurance that the trout they eat is of the highest possible standard.
Working with Acoura to have your trout assured to Quality Trout UK standards comes with a number of major benefits.
Benefits can include:
- Proves to customers that your trout is of a high quality.
- Helps differentiate yourself from competitors.
- Opens your product up to a wider market.
- Enables you to tap into a growing market for food with clear provenance.
- Year-round technical support from the Acoura Aquaculture team.
Each participant undergoes an initial assessment, which will identify any non-compliances with the scheme rules. After this, businesses are given an agreed timeframe to implement corrective action. Once this first assessment has taken place, and once any non-compliances have been addressed, Acoura will issue a Certificate of Conformity.
Fish welfare, processing and quality management systems are all integral parts of the Quality Trout UK Scheme, though exact assessment areas depend on the precise nature of your business.
Contact us for more details about joining the scheme.