Aquaculture Stewardship Council Chain of Custody Standard (ASC CoC)
Membership details for the Aquaculture Stewardship Council’s Chain of Custody Standard
The ASC is a global organisation who works to promote and reward environmentally sustainable and socially responsible aquaculture operators.
Being successfully certified by Acoura for ASC Chain of Custody comes with a number of major benefits.
Benefits can include:
- Proves to customers that your fish has been responsibly sourced.
- Helps you tap into a growing area of consumer interest.
- Allows approved produce to use the ASC label.
- Opens your product up to a wider market.
- Where possible Acoura will try to combine audits with other relevant schemes.
The ASC schemes were developed using ISEAL guidelines and involve numerous stakeholders, full transparency and credible science-based performance metrics. They were also built around minimising environmental and social issues which can arise through commercial aquaculture.
ASC’s Chain of Custody requirements have also been incorporated within the Marine Stewardship Council’s (MSC) popular certification standards, and assessments are based on the requirements of the MSC CoC Standard.
Acoura is pleased to be able to offer both the MSC CoC and ASC CoC certification service.
Contact us for more details about joining the scheme.