Red Tractor Assurance Meat & Poultry Processing
Membership details for Red Tractor Assurance Meat & Poultry Processing
Red Tractor Assurance is chiefly concerned with developing and promoting integrated assurance standards for the benefits of its members across the red meat industry. It’s hoped that these increased standards can help provide consumers and retailers with confidence about the quality of the products they buy.
Having Acoura Certification audit your processing plant for this assurance scheme has a number of major benefits.
Benefits can include:
- Proves the traceability and provenance of a product
- Year round technical support from the Acoura team
- Gives consumers greater confidence in product quality
- Red Tractor media and marketing campaigns raise the profile of assured meat
- Where possible Acoura will try to combine audits
Red Tractor’s Meat &Poultry Processing assurance scheme looks at various different areas including animal welfare, food safety and traceability.
These assessments provide a single standard that is suitable for single and multi-species plants. The scope of this scheme, which previously covered slaughter and cutting of beef and lamb, has now been extended to include:
- Slaughter of assured pigs
- Cutting of assured pork, chicken and turkey
- Manufacture of assured pork sausages
- Slicing and handling of assured cooked meats
Contact Acoura Certification for more details about joining the scheme.