Marine Stewardship Council’s (MSC) Chain of Custody
Membership details for the Marine Stewardship Council’s Chain of Custody Standard
The Marine Stewardship Council is an independent, global, non-profit organisation which seeks to harness consumer purchasing power to promote and grow environmentally responsible fishing.
MSC Chain of Custody is an important assurance standard that looks at the full traceability of certified fish. This ensures that only fish products that have been fully sourced at an MSC certified fishery are able to carry their label.
Being successfully certified by Acoura for MSC Chain of Custody comes with a number of major benefits.
Benefits can include:
- Proves to customers that your fish has been responsibly sourced.
- Helps you tap into a growing area of consumer interest.
- Allows approved produce to use the MSC label.
- Opens your product up to a wider market.
- Where possible Acoura will combine with ASC Chain of Custody audits.
- Year round technical support from the Acoura team.
Acoura is fully accredited to provide independent assessment and certification to the Marine Stewardship Council's Chain of Custody Standard and we currently certify clients across Europe, Asia, Africa and South America.
Assessments for MSC Chain of Custody cover a number of areas. These include a review of internal traceability systems, verification of how much MSC certified fish has left your company as well as the destination of your MSC certified fish.
Contact us for more details.